Sunday, October 25, 2015

{ life without a fridge }

Dear Friends & Family,

This may sound like no big deal, but John and I finally have a refrigerator! And it only took two weeks for it to arrive only to have a huge dent on its side, so another two days for it to arrive and settle in its new home. We probably could have timed it better to have had the fridge right when we moved in, but it took me some time to research and find the right one for us.

Not having a fridge means no cooking. Nowhere to put the leftovers! So we took advantage of ordering delivery or going out to eat. Our only two options for delivery is pizza or Thai food, but really good pizza and Thai food! It's been fun checking out the restaurants in our area too. We're close to Torrance where there are a lot of Japanese restaurants. We've had ramen, Izakaya, and we've shopped at Mitsuwa for non-refrigerated groceries, and by groceries I mean instant ramen.

I am so happy to have a refrigerator. Our place felt very incomplete without it. I was also getting tired of eating peanut butter sandwiches and drinking room temperature water. The first time I used our stove was to make instant ramen. I felt like a sad poor college freshman. But not anymore! Yesterday John made us eggs with chorizo for breakfast. Nothing too crazy, but we're slowly building our kitchen back to where it needs to be. Our fridge is very empty, but we've got the important things like, eggs, butter, cheese, beer, wine, and fudge mint Oreos in the freezer. It'll be hard to fill the fridge considering our last fridge was practically a mini fridge with a milk crate sized freezer. 

It'll take me some time to get used to cooking in a new kitchen. I'm still trying to figure out where I want to store our things. Once we're more settled in and get a dining table, we can have guests over for fancy dinner! By fancy I just mean I will cook and there will be wine.

xoxo,
The Prindles


No comments:

Post a Comment