Thursday, February 7, 2013

{ ¡hola! }

Dear Friends & Family,

Sorry it's been awhile. I will try to keep in touch more often. John and I were in Dresden over the weekend with Cat, and I've just been in routine with going to the store, cleaning our home, and making dinner. I do other stuff too, but those three have been my main focus. Going to the store gets me out of the house, and it's a nice 15 minute walk to Zehlendorf. I think we're getting used to the cold weather..as long as it doesn't get any colder. Dresden felt much colder than Berlin. I promise to write about that and post photos...soon.

There are a lot of things we are starting to really miss back in California. There are things we wished we enjoyed more before we moved. I wish it hasn't been so long since I've had a Nick's Breakfast Burrito.

We've mentioned before that we've had good Mexican food in Berlin. Well, we found another place that we tried last Tuesday. We met Cat at Santa Maria in Xberg on Oranienstraße, a popular street with restaurants, bars, cafes, and boutiques. The place was packed, and we realized it was "Taco Tuesday." Glad to know some things do not change overseas. We put our name down and went across the street to grab some beers. Half hour later we returned to the place still packed. As we waited for a table all I could hear were people conversing in English. It was the first place we'd been to where German was a second language. Even the server spoke English. Cat said her German was pretty bad when she tried talking to her. It has to be legit if the Americans come here. That, or they are desperate for anything that resembles Mexican food. Twenty minutes later I would discover that I was hooked. The food may not have the same presentation as Mexican food served in California, but the flavors were all there. What made us feel even more at home was sitting next to three gossipy American girls out on a Tuesday night enjoying Taco Tuesday and margaritas. We thought they were from California by their "valley girl" like behavior. As we left, I had to ask where they were from....Boston. Not even close to California but closer than Germany. 

Now if only we can find a German version of In-N-Out...

xoxo,
The Prindles. 
{ chalkboard menu }

{ german::english::spanish }

{ enjoying his corona }


No comments:

Post a Comment