Saturday, April 13, 2013

{ saturday in paris }

Dear Friends & Family,

For Saturday I wanted to take our picture in front of the Eiffel Tower which most of you saw on Facebook or IG. Shannon has suggested a route for us to take that would give us the best full view, so we took the 9 to Trocadero, and before we walked onto the plaza that would give us a view of the Eiffel Tower, John had me close my eyes and lead me to the center of the plaza. That was my favorite moment, to just open my eyes and see the Eiffel Tower right in front of me. The distance gave me the perfect view. After taking A LOT of pictures, we headed towards Arc de Triomphe which was at the western end of Champs-Élysées. We walked down Champs-Élysées, picked up a baguette hot dog (hot dog in a baguette with mustard and melted cheese) and a palmier (puff pastry).  We walked all the way to Tuileries Garden (Jardin des Tuileries) and decided we had enough sight seeing and walked all the way back to the 11th district. In the evening Shannon and Guillaume took us to one of their favorite Vietnamese restaurants. I love trying Vietnamese food in different countries. I can say "countries" now that I've had it in Germany and France. It's interesting to hear the Vietnamese language spoken in different countries too. I can't wait for my mom to come out and help me. I'm curious what she thinks of the Vietnamese culture in Germany. 

{ double cam view of the stairs to the apartment }

{ guy from florida took this photo for us }

{ breathtaking view::picture doesn't give it justice }

{ deep in thought }

{ among the trees }

{ memorial for princess di }

{ in front of the arc }

{ middle of the street view }

{ going underground to get to the arc }



Les Champs-Élysées::our cake cutting song }


{ another glimpse of the eiffel tower }

{ streets of paris::back roads }

xoxo,
The Prindles.


No comments:

Post a Comment